"When I am working on a problem, I never think about beauty, but when I have finished, if the solution is not beautiful, I know it is wrong."
- R. Buckminster Fuller
Create is a multi-disciplinary design studio specializing in creative concepts and thinking. Using design & technology we assist companites to market, grow and optimize their business. We develop Internet Business Solutions & Software that allow our clients to market, and communicate effectively with consumers and business partners.
We have 10 years of experience developing tourism and real estate related web products for clients from Toronto to Vancouver and our home in Whistler, Canada.
» March 10, 2010 Domain for sale
This business is no longer operating as I have started another venture. If you wish to purchase this domain please send proposals to firstname.lastname@example.org
Examples will open in new window
We build solutions to let you use the internet to share, learn & communicate effectively; Creating powerful web-based tools for partners and customers that communicate with applications and e-commerce; Developing tools that allow employees to centralize, organize, and share information; manage documents; and enable efficient collaboration.
We nicked these from The BBC web standards but they capture our thoughts perfectly.
1. Build web products that meet audience needs: anticipate needs not yet fully articulated by audiences, then meet them with products that set new standards.
2. The very best websites do one thing really, really well: do less, but execute perfectly.
3. Do not attempt to do everything yourselves: link to other high-quality sites instead. Your users will thank you. Use other people's content and tools to enhance your site, and vice versa.
4. Fall forward, fast: make many small bets, iterate wildly, back successes, kill failures, fast.
5. Treat the entire web as a creative canvas: don't restrict your creativity to your own site.
6. The web is a conversation. Join in: Adopt a relaxed, conversational tone. Admit your mistakes.
7. Any website is only as good as its worst page: Ensure best practice editorial processes are adopted and adhered to.
8. Make sure all your content can be linked to, forever.
9. Remember your granny won't ever use “Second Life”: She may come online soon, with very different needs from early-adopters.
10. Maximise routes to content: Develop as many aggregations of content about people, places, topics, channels, networks & time as possible. Optimise your site to rank high in Google.
11. Consistent design and navigation needn't mean one-size-fits-all: Users should always know they're on one of your websites, even if they all look very different. Most importantly of all, they know they won't ever get lost.
12. Accessibility is not an optional extra: Sites designed that way from the ground up work better for all users
13. Let people paste your content on the walls of their virtual homes: Encourage users to take nuggets of content away with them, with links back to your site
14. Link to discussions on the web, don't host them: Only host web-based discussions where there is a clear rationale
15. Personalisation should be unobtrusive, elegant and transparent: After all, it's your users' data. Best respect it.
LiveSoftware is a suite of web enabled software that allows you to take control of your web site. Easily update the contents of your site without learning complicated web programming or hiring a web designer.
LiveSoftware products integrate seamlessly into your current site design and are updatable through a web browser. More information wil be coming online shortly about our suite of products.